Jun 16, 2013

to daddy, our hero

 Ryan and I were driving in the car, listening to country music (of course), and a song came on we had heard before; only this time, the lyrics had more of an impression on us now with our baby boy.
 
Rodney Atkins- Watching You.
(chorus)
He said I've been watching you dad, ain't that cool
I'm your buckaroo, I wanna be like you
And eat all my food and grow as tall as you are
We like fixing things and holding mama's hand
Yeah we're just alike, hey ain't we dad
I wanna do everything you do
So I've been watching you
 
Well, Lincoln is the same way. Ryan and him have a special bond that even a slightly-jealous mommy can't get in on. Ryan's been super busy with work and church meetings, so the hour Ryan has to play with Lincoln at the end of the day is special. Lincoln fixes his eyes on Ryan the entire time. He giggles more and lights up more, and if he happened to be fussy a few minutes before daddy got home, he is now a well-behaved and content baby. No doubt this boy wants to be just like his daddy. Love them both. Happy FIRST Father's Day!

1 comment:

  1. I love these photos, Liz! He keeps getting cuter if that were possible. :) Happy Fathers Day, RY and happy early birthday! Watch your mailbox. PS. Lincoln has a pretty awesome Mama, too!

    ReplyDelete