May 16, 2013

much needed

Last Friday Ryan and I went out on a much needed date. Just the two of us. And it was the first official date since Lincoln and we were excited to have some alone time. A romantic dinner and a movie is probably typical for a lot of people, but not us. For the first date as parents I wanted to feel like we were still young and crazy...even though we're both ready for bed by 9. I think we had fun considering we were home before 11.

I saw this place called The Lodge on a food show. It was ranked #1 for a sandwich and after seeing that it was a burger and not far from where we lived, I knew I had to take Ryan. Two grilled cheese sandwiches and a burger inbetween. Gross right? Ryan loves these challenges. I won't even tell you how many calories and cholesterol were in this thing. I don't know whether to be proud or disgusted that my husband ate the whole thing like it was a bowl of cereal. I guess since I'm the wife and I'm the one who took him there, I should be proud.
And what's a better way for Ryan to burn of those calories? We went paintballing afterwards. It was a first for us and it was HILARIOUS. We walked in and you could tell we were not hardcore like the adult men and teenage boys that were sizing us up and down. I had this vision of me in the corner hiding the entire time.
 
First game was head shots only. I think I fired twice before getting creamed. Same for Ryan. Except his shot was a bulls-eye to his face mask. I think he fired twice too. But next round, we wreacked havoc and pretty much terrorized the other team best we could. I like to think one of my stray bullets hit someone....
 
date night success.
 


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a blast. I know all too well about the lack of romantic dates you and your significant other go on once the kiddos arrive.

    The photos of you guys in paintball gear made me laugh. If you've ever seen "This Means War" you will totally understand why.

    -Reese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, you look tough, Liz! That get-up could easily replace your "Lincoln stick". Glad you had fun. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete