Jul 5, 2012

fireworks

Last night was probably one of the coolest experiences of watching the fireworks display. It may be difficult to read about what we did without getting jealous, so just try and be happy for us. TOTALLY KIDDING. but seriously....
Some friends invited us to go on a hike to overlook all of the Phoenix valley fireworks! We hiked up a mountain in central Phoenix and were able to see the fireworks shows in Scottsdale, Tempe, Chandler, Biltmore, Central, and some out in Glendale. We had no radio with us so we sang our patriotic songs acapella.... And we sounded very patriotic if I do say so myself.
And afterwards, with our group shot, I had a Braveheart moment with the whole "FREEDOM!" pose. Nice touch right?? :)  

5 comments:

  1. lol, love the freedom shot :)

    New follower via Musings of a Southern Housewife blog hop
    The Importance of Being Reese

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks and sounds like a fun time for all of you! good for you!!
    I am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can.
    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm trying the happiness thing but mostly I'm just jealous. wink, wink. Happy Weekend to you and yours and also, FREEDOM!!!

    Aloha,
    Stopping by to say "HI" from The ALOHA Friday HOP!!! Thanks so much for sharing your aloha with us, it is so sweet to have you in the mix.

    We're peeking in a New Zealand Mama's beach bag and giving away over $100 in Beach Beauty Awesomeness today-- ... you know, if you're feeling lucky. =)

    Happy Weekend,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great idea! I live in Scottsdale, but I've never hiked at night! I'm always afraid I'll fall! Stopping by from the blog hop! Am now a new follower:) Would love if you could follow me back!
    http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Mama-Drama/259491484156846
    https://twitter.com/LoveMyMamaDrama

    ReplyDelete