Jun 6, 2012

Paleo Banana-nut waffles

Last night we had dinner around 6. We then drove around the entire city of Phoenix looking at cars. We're in the market and car shopping here during the summer is rough. Every car with ice cold AC looks very appealing. Around 9pm though, i was hit with a craving. What was I craving? I wanted bread and a lot of it. More specifically, I wanted waffles. I haven't dusted off the ol' waffle maker since we've moved down. I had Ryan get it for me out of the black hole. ( a.k.a the very top shelf in our kitchen cupboard above the sink. ) It just so happens to be my grandma's old waffle maker that's heart shaped. So sentimental and fitting for this dish because it made my heart happy eating them.

recipe via Joyful Abode


Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups almond flour
  • 5 eggs (mine were on the small side, so 4 large ones may be fine)
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 ripe bananas, mashed (the more ripe they are, the sweeter the waffles will be)
  • 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (i doubled this since I had no pumpkin spice)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

  • Chopped pecans (optional)

Method:

  1. Plug in/preheat your waffle iron.
  2. Mix everything else together, except for the coconut oil and pecans.
  3. Once the waffle iron is warm, spray with olive oil
  4. Drop a blob of batter into the center of each waffle-spot.
  5. Optional – sprinkle some or all of them with chopped pecans.
  6. Make sure you wait for them to be COMPLETELY done before opening. Usually there is a light indicator or something. If you open before they're done....oh it's a mess. Trust me.
  7. Take the waffles out and eat them. I sliced banana on top, put on crushed pecans and used a little agave for my syrup. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment