Jun 3, 2012

Avo-cocoa mousse

Here's a Paleo dessert I found that sounded so flippin weird and gross that I actually had to make it and try it out. Doesn't that chocolate mousse like yummy? Of course it does. Would you believe it's an avocado??? Well it is. I wouldn't lie to you. Here's the recipe.


Ingredients:
2 ripe avocados, the meat scooped out of the shell
3 tablespoons honey or agave (more or less to taste.)
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (i'll put a little less in next time)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt

Instructions:Use a blender or food processor to blend the avocados until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend again until everything is combined. Add more or less honey/agave according to your taste. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving. I sliced some bananas and layered the mousse inbetween and sprinkled with coconut flakes. Pretty much satisfied my sweet tooth mouth! :)

3 comments:

  1. Okay, so I have actually heard of this before but it still sounds pretty darn weird. Do you really, really promise it's good? Really, really? =)

    ALoha,
    Just stopping by to say "hi" and "thanks" for being a part of The Aloha FRIDAY Hop-- it's always so sweet to have ya along and I really truly do look forward to seeing what yumminess you've gotten yourself in to. Have A Beautiful Week.

    xoxo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you've heard of it. Shows have little I knew. Honestly, I liked it, but like I mentioned in the post, I'd use less cocoa because the amount was too much for me. I hope you try it. Then you can say how weirdly good it is. :)

      Delete
  2. That looks so delicious!!! I love chocolate and avocados but never thought of mixing them. I really want to try this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete