May 25, 2012

Memorial weekend

Happy memorial weekend. We will be off to Newport with friends, our body boards, beach towels & umbrella, and of course our cooler of food.

First and foremost though, I'm grateful for our veterans and those who serve this country today. I was listening to a talk show radio this morning and they had a retired seal on. One thing he hoped for was that while enjoying our 3 day weekend (whether we are bbq-ing or going to the beach) that we truly stop and reflect those heroes. While we are going about our day-to-day, know that someone is fighting for our country that very moment...
Saying thank you doesn't seem like enough for the sacrifices they make, but I am grateful. God bless you all.

2 comments:

  1. lovely post! I hope you have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. As the wife of a veteran, I love that our service men and women are so appreciated.

    Visiting and now following from Aloha Friday Blog Hop. I'd love if you could check out my blog and Weekend Blog Walk as well.

    Jessica @ At Home Take 2
    http://www.athometake2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete