Apr 13, 2012

chocolate chip banana bread


No one, and i mean NO ONE, would not like this bread. It's moist and light and yet still satisfies a sweet tooth with dark chocolate chips. This bread doesn't want ANY butter on it because to be frank, it just doesn't need it. And if you're making fun of me baking my bread in a small caserole dish, I make-do with what i have because apparently i don't have a bread pan. It is now on my next shopping list. Now you really know i'm an amateaur baker.... or maybe just an uncoventional baker. Yea, i like the sounds of that better :) Enjoy!

Chocolate chip banana bread
3 ripe bananas
1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
¾ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
2 tbs softened butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 large egg whites
½ tsp vanilla
1.5 oz mini dark chocolate chips

325 degrees
In one bowl mash bananas very well and set aside
In second bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt and set aside
Third bowl- mix butter, sugar, egg whites, vanilla and then add banana mixture.
Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and fold in chocolate chips.
Place in greased bread pan (or small side caserole dish if you bake like me) on center rack. About 35-40 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this!!! I must try it! My husband was sitting next to me while i was looking at it and he said " wow that looks good! please tell me she put the recipe on there"! he was so happy when he saw that you did. now i'm pretty sure i have to make it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, this looks awesome. With dark chocolate, too?! Definitely need to make this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete