Apr 13, 2012

cranberry lemon scones

Happy Friday! Here's a recipe to use on your Saturday morning!


I've been in the baking zone all week. I've been compiling recipes from healthy cooking blogs and here's one I found for cranberry lemon scones. They smell delicious, they look delicious, and with lemon glaze and consumed while warm, it's deliciousness is all up in your mouth. I'm going to keep experimenting with scones. The texture of this one wasn't quite up to par with "scone" standards, but it tastes great so i'll eat it regardless.
Another funny thing about these pictures: I took them out on our porch to take pictures (when taking pictures of food, natural light is always best didn't you know?) and a neighbor came out and saw me. What a funny sight to see-- some girl crouched over with a single scone taking pictures of it. Oh well, I gave him some and he loved them. I guess from now on if I'm taking food pictures and he's outside on his patio, i'll have to throw him some food his direction in hopes of him not judging me. Enjoy!
Cranberry Lemon Scones
¾ cup whole wheat flour
¾ cup all purpose flour
¼ cup agave (you could probably use honey as well)
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 large egg lightly beaten
2/3 cup milk
2 tbs melted butter
¾ cup fruit
½ tsp lemon zest
Juice from half a lemon

350 degrees

Mix dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another bowl.
Pour wet ingredients over dry. Fold in cranberries and lemon zest.

Bake 20 minutes on greased pan.

* The recipe called for scoops on a cookie sheet, but I saw another recipe saying to place dough into an 8 inch circle in the middle of the pan. After it's cooled you can cut the circular scone into wedges... not wedgies, but wedges! :) Top with some lemon glaze with juice of the leftover half lemon and powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment