Apr 22, 2012

Brian Mickelson Half

Saturday was our (mom, brother, and me) half marathon up in Cottonwood, AZ.
Of all the weekends to run, it was an extremely hot weekend and the sun did not cut us any slack.
I wish I could say I enjoyed the scenery, but really, I was just trying to survive. I do have to pat myself on the back for running the whole thing without training. I've been doing the Insanity videos which is the only thing that saved me--- and the prayer I was saying the last 4 miles in my heart to not let this be the day I die.
And to toot the horn for my older brother, he got 6th place overall and 1st place in his division. He's pretty much amazing.

8 comments:

  1. Wow that's awesome! I recently tried a 5k without training and about passed out, haha. High five to your brother for finishing so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes don't recommend not training, but go us for making it out alive! Ha

      Delete
  2. Awesome!! I've done a couple half marathons and love them! They are so motivating and feels like such an accomplishment when you finish! Thats way cool that you didnt even train!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are motivating aren't they? And the perfect distance. Not far or short- the perfect challenge for me. And I would never run that far unless I'm participating in a run so it's nice because it forces me to do more than I thought possible. If you everyone to AZ we should do one together!

      Delete
  3. A half marathon alone sounds intense..then you add Arizona weather to the mix and it's uber-intense! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! I ran a half once and trained for 2 months before and about died. And I sure as heck didn't look presentable while running like you did. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could look as cute as you after running a half!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So... I popped in to say "hi" thanks for joining our little ALOHA Friday Hop and I'm your newest follower and... now I'm all the way down here-- I just couldn't stop reading and scrolling through your sweet blog. Wow, wonderful words woven together in such a wonderfully easy fashion. Thanks for that.

    Aloha,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete