Dec 12, 2011

Pretend like it's the weekend now

Jack Johnson. The best chill feel good music isn't it? Better Together was our wedding song.. and our song just in general. But another favorite is Banana Pancakes. Whenever I make pancakes I think of this song. And I did make pancakes over the weekend, they weren't banana but they were still good. We have a lot of oats to use up this week so these are my healthy oat pancakes. If you're feeling up to it put on some Jack Johnson and eat some pancakes.

1/2 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup low-fat cottage cheese
2 egg whites
Add some flavor, the recipe calls for vanilla protein powder
but i use cinnamon.

blend together and wa-la! cook over MEDIUM heat. The first time I made this i had it on too high and they will burn. It helps to put a skoshe of butter in the pan. :) Top with peanut butter and honey. I would have put raisins and sliced almonds but the hubby wasn't feeling adventurous.

1 comment:

  1. your blog is so cute elizabeth!
    You are so right, as soon as banana pancakes comes on you really hungry...luckily jack johnsons voice is lovely to listen to as we stuff our faces haha xx

    ReplyDelete