Mar 20, 2011

Keep driving by

I'm feeling in the mood to share an embarrassing story. Here it goes...




Last night was our ward talent show and dinner, Which i have to say is blog worthy. I have some video clips that need to be posted for those needing a good laugh, but thats for another day. Anyway, being the thoughtful wife that i am,before leaving I prepared an extra plate of food for Ryan who was working and sadly couldn't witness the amazing talent in our ward.

We were driving home (Rita, jeri, and I) and jeri said she saw a homeless man and thought it would be nice to give him the plate of food that I had lovingly prepared for ryans liking- heavy on the steak and chicken, light on the pasta salad.

Sad to see my loving gesture go unnoticed by Ryan, i knew that it would be more Christ-like to give it to someone who really needs it. Let me tell you, Ryan does not need more meat.... And guess who else doesn't.... The guy who we believed was homeless but really wasn't.yes I know what you are thinking and yes it is humiliating. The man we thought was homeless, was not. Turns out he only looked homeless from far away, but up close, not so much.

Please tell me someone else has made this mistake before. You know what I'm talking about. Like asking someone when the baby is due when there is no baby to be due! Even if you haven't, you can lie and say you offered someone food only to find out they are not homeless! Oh well, it was the gesture that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment